All 7 art Reviews

Aspidochelone "World Turtle" Aspidochelone "World Turtle"

I think it's a great piece and I really enjoyed watching the video. It's really inspiring and have given me a number of ideas. I have a blank canvas for acrylics so am going to try something like this on that. The with this though I feel as though the lights on the light house and the house seem a little off. I'm not sure if it's the brightness or their lack of uniformity. It draws too the eye a little too much.

2492 Years [Tradigital COTM Entry] 2492 Years [Tradigital COTM Entry]

I really like this piece, you've done a great job. Especially with making the digital drawing of the girl appear one with traditionally done painting. Getting the balance could be quite difficult. The concept is a great idea and I think you've captured the true essence of this tradigital challenge hand have shown that while there can be harmony between the two.

IcyInk responds:

Thank you so much!! It means a lot to me :)

The Created Create. COTM-Tradigital. The Created Create. COTM-Tradigital.

I really like the concept and think you've done a great job. My favourite part is the mechanical hand as I feel you've got the proportions better on that one. If I was doing this piece I wouldn't have the mechanical hand overlapping the sheets in I don't think I would have included the sheets in the frame at all, as I feel it detracts from the overall feel of the image as it's a very deep shade of blue. With regards to the other hand I feel as though the fingers are too small compared to the palm part of the hand. It looks like you have the drawing skill you just need to study up a bit on composition a little. Photography is a good one for that as it get's you to focus what's in the frame more.

Hope this helps some what. BTW I wouldn't consider you a beginner based on your drawing skill as it's evident that you're somewhat practiced.

MidnightBlack63 responds:

Thank You!!!! :-) I know I have a lot to learn, and I haven't really done digital art before which is why I entered the beginner category, but thank you for your feedback :-) I love photography too so I will definitely try that... I did think that the right hand looked a bit pudgy :-). Thank you! (Im also gonna change the tag to TRADIGITAL instead)... By the way the blue material was just my duvet, I just thought I liked the fact it kind of looks like the art is coming off of the paper, though I wasn't really sure if it worked, now I know for next time, it might work on others just not this. :-)

Samurai Team-Up Samurai Team-Up

A truly great concept and I really like the style of art you have. Although the characters do seem a little stiff and awkward. The background, I feel, could have done with maybe a little more detail. The swords on the crouching girl seem as though they might not fit in the sheath. The character coming forward seems more fluid and due to the style you have implemented looks more lifelike

Warm and Cozy Warm and Cozy

Great piece especially since you have said you've only been practicing art for only a year. I'm surprised you've entered this for the B-Tradigital I think you could enter this in the open one. There is a real sense depth in this piece. I would say use a ruler when doing straight lines. It's not cheating, particularly on the PC monitor and look up some perspective tutorials on YT too. The use of colour is good too it shows that you've taken your time to complete this piece

danlolwatermelon responds:

Omg thank you for your feed back.

But yeah, after i finished the painting. I realized how off the perspective is. I really want to redo the linework and everyrthing just to fix it, but I dont have a lightbox to trace the subject and other things.

I wish i really did more on small details like the wrinkles on the shirt, or the view outside the window. But i have no Precision brush to create those, (I only have three brushes, 1 medium, 1 large, 1 flat). And i also dont know how wrinkles work.

Anyway, i love you stranger for your critiques and your compliments. Haha.

Dimensions Dimensions

This is a great piece, I really like how you've actually used both traditional and digital mediums in this to bring the piece together. I feel as though you could have made the composition a little better by bringing the focus of attention more to the center. There's a lot going on, a little too much if you ask me. I really like the detail you have done with the pathways and the trees and grass.

nicolai4321 responds:

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I should probably have spent more time on planning the composition, because I agree that there’s too much going on. I haven’t drawn a lot of environments so I kind of improvised as I was drawing.

Warzone Warzone

I really like this piece. If feels chaotic like what I would think a battle between 2 opposing forces would feel like. The only draw back on this is I feel as though the sky draws too much attention. I think maybe you could have made the sky simpler and it would have drawn us in more to what should be the main focus, which is the battle. I really like the style of drawing too.

MrVonhollow responds:

Thank you so much. I'll keep that in mind next time.